Polaris Ranger EV problems are comparatively easier to diagnose than other UTVs from the Polaris brand.
For durability and innovation of electrical UTV, Polaris Ranger EV became widely popular all over the nation.
Polaris claims Polaris Ranger EV is one of the best hunting companions that your money can buy. So, Polaris Ranger EV UTV can give you maximum hunting experience.
But, as you know, Polaris Ranger EV is an electrical utility side-by-side vehicle; that’s why Polaris Ranger EV charging problems exist after upgrading every year.
Therefore, you will find reasons for most common problems like Polaris Ranger EV charging, electrical, throttle, and battery problems, and how to fix them.
Polaris Ranger EV Problems
Polaris Ranger EV often experiences charging, electrical, throttle, sudden unintended acceleration, and battery problems. To fix Polaris Ranger EV UTV problems, an inspection to detect the main issues is required.
The list of the most common Polaris Ranger EV UTV problems:
- Charging Problems
- Sudden Unintended Acceleration Problems
- Electrical Problems
- Struggle to Accelerate Up Hills
- Battery Problems
- Throttle Problems
1. Charging Problems
Polaris Ranger EV charging problems are the most common problems so far. Whether you drive a brand new Polaris Ranger EV or an old one, charging problems can make you struggle in your off-roading journey.
As I mentioned earlier, Polaris Ranger EV is an electrical utility side-by-side UTV, so you need to charge Polaris Ranger EV before going out.
Polaris Ranger EV often takes more time to charge than it should, which can make you wait until the battery is fully charged.
Sometimes Polaris Ranger EV stops being charged while the charger is connected to the UTV.
After setting your UTV to charge, you should also need to check whether the vehicle is charging or not.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Charging Problems:
- It is necessary to check the cable and connector to ensure they are compatible with the charger and Polaris Ranger EV UTV.
- Chargers can be defective for various reasons. That’s why to keep the charger well maintained to avoid Polaris Ranger EV charging problems.
- Turn off all battery-consuming accessories before charging the Polaris Ranger EV UTV.
2. Sudden Unintended Acceleration Problems
During manufacturing, incorrect electrical wiring to the accelerator pedal position sensor causes unintended acceleration problems in some Polaris Ranger EV models.
The UTV is going to push the acceleration pedal instead of the brake pedal if the UTV has an unintended acceleration issue.
But, finding a Polaris Ranger EV UTV with unintended acceleration problems is rare. Therefore, your UTV does not have that.
If you find your Polaris Ranger EV has unintended acceleration problems, you must stop driving your UTV further.
Connect with your local Polaris dealer, and they are going to repair your Polaris Ranger EV UTV to fix unintended acceleration problems.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Unintended Acceleration Problems:
- Repair is necessary to fix the unintended acceleration problems.
- Schedule a free repair through your local Polaris dealer.
- Do not drive the UTV until Polaris repairs the UTV to fix the unintended acceleration issue.
Check Out: Polaris Ranger 700 XP Common Problems
3. Electrical Problems
Polaris Ranger EV electrical problems mostly occur from the connection between the battery and electrical components.
When the battery cannot supply power to the electrical components, the UTV experiences several electrical issues.
Polaris Ranger EV electrical components are stator, ignition coils, battery, ignition key switches, spark plugs, and more.
If any electrical components or parts go bad or defective, Polaris Ranger EV UTV cannot operate properly.
As you know, there are various electrical components in a UTV; therefore, getting help from a professional is going to be the best option to handle Polaris Ranger EV electrical problems.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Electrical Problems:
- Battery maintenance is necessary to avoid electrical problems on Polaris Ranger EV UTV.
- Inspect the specific electrical component and fix that.
4. Struggle to Accelerate Up Hills
The struggle to accelerate when four-wheelers go up a hill is a major issue for off-roading vehicles.
ATV, UTV, or any type of terrain vehicle are manufactured for passing mud, hills, sand, and rocky terrain.
But, Polaris Ranger EV UTV sometimes struggles to accelerate when going up hills.
Polaris Ranger EV as an electrical UTV, acceleration power in the engine is enough.
If your Polaris Ranger EV doesn’t have a sufficient amount of charge, you might experience struggling to accelerate.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Acceleration Problems:
- Charge the battery fully before going to ride.
- Especially for hills off-roading, ensure your Polaris Ranger EV UTV is fully charged.
- If your UTV struggles to accelerate for a long time, shut off the vehicle and then try again later.
5. Battery Problems
Battery problems in Polaris Ranger EV UTV are common. Even Polaris brand is also working on battery issues to fix.
Polaris Ranger EV runs on the battery, so it’s completely electric; that’s why keeping the battery maintained is important.
From many owners of Polaris Ranger EV, we have found that Polaris Ranger EV battery lifespan is not long enough.
But, vehicle battery lifespan varies on the driver mostly. A battery can live longer if the driver takes care of it.
Therefore, by taking good care of the battery, you can avoid your Polaris Ranger EV battery problems.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Battery Problems:
- Regular maintenance is the key way to keep away your Polaris Ranger EV UTV from various battery problems.
- Look for corrosion and leak on the battery and keep it clean.
- Change the battery when it is required.
- Improve your driving style so that the battery can live longer.
6. Throttle Problems
In rare cases, Polaris Ranger EV UTV has throttle problems. So, you don’t need to worry too much about throttle problems in your four-wheeler.
When the right amount of air cannot enter the engine, Polaris Ranger EV faces a throttle problem. The throttle controls the air intake to the engine.
Most Polaris Ranger EVs do not have any throttle problems, but some models experience throttle problems.
Stalling, sluggish acceleration, and rough idling are the most common signs of throttle problems in Polaris Ranger EV.
How To Fix Polaris Ranger EV Throttle Problems:
- If your Polaris Ranger EV has throttle problems, you need to connect with your local Polaris dealer to solve the issue.
Pros And Cons Of Polaris Ranger EV
Every UTV on the market has some advantages and also some disadvantages, which you should know before buying one.
Here are some pros and cons of Polaris Ranger EV:
Pros of Polaris Ranger EV
- Polaris Ranger EV is an electrical utility UTV that is environmentally friendly.
- The maintenance cost of Polaris Ranger EV is really low.
- Best hunting off-roading vehicle because of low sound.
- For heavy property work, Polaris Ranger EV uses the most.
- Driving a Polaris Ranger EV is cheaper than a gasoline UTV.
- Easy to drive Polaris Ranger EV UTV for adults.
- The low noise of Polaris Ranger EV makes it the most popular UTV for hunting.
Cons of Polaris Ranger EV
- Polaris Ranger EV has a limited range for all-day off-roading.
- The top speed of Polaris Ranger EV is 25 MPH which is extremely lower than a gas-powered Polaris Rangers.
- Polaris Ranger EV is not cheap; it’s more expensive than a gas UTV in the market.
- Need frequent inspection or checking on Polaris Ranger EV battery.
- Polaris Ranger EV has battery issues that might be major while you go for a long drive.
|Polaris Ranger EV is a environmentally friendly UTV||Polaris Ranger EV has a limited range|
|Polaris Ranger EV is the best UTV for hunting||Top speed of Polaris Ranger EV is 25 MPH Only|
|Polaris Ranger EV is cost-effective||Polaris Ranger EV is expensive compared other brand’s UTV|
|Driving a Polaris Ranger EV is cheaper than a gasoline UTV||Battery problems exist in many Polaris Ranger EV model|
|The maintenance cost of Polaris Ranger EV is really low|
|Easy to drive for any adults|
Is Polaris Ranger EV Reliable?
Polaris Ranger EV is a reliable UTV on the market, but the price is slightly higher than other brands’ UTVs.
Since the company was founded, Polaris has constantly produced various types of reliable off-roading vehicles.
The straightness and durability of both aspects are always considerable of Polaris Ranger EV UTV because these make Polaris Ranger EV more reliable.
This UTV is electrical, which is more cost-efficient and also low on maintenance costs.
So, I recommend Polaris Ranger EV to everyone out there who wants a reliable UTV in the first place.
Is Polaris Ranger EV Any Good?
Durability, maintenance cost efficiency, best for farm work, and the powerful engine make Polaris Ranger EV a good quality UTV.
The maintenance cost of Polaris Ranger EV is comparatively lower than other brands of UTV out there.
Another good thing about Polaris Ranger EV is its durability. This UTV passed all off-roading durability tests.
Polaris officially claims Polaris Ranger EV is the best UTV for both hunting and property work. For quietness, Polaris Ranger EV is really the best vehicle for hunting.
Polaris Ranger EV’s high efficiency and AC-Induction motor engine with 30 horsepower can carry you through any rough terrain.
Being an electric UTV, Polaris Ranger EV needs less maintenance, saving you more money.
Therefore, there are various aspects that make Polaris Ranger EV worth your money.
Polaris Ranger EV Specifications
Polaris Ranger EV specifications are necessary to see and understand properly before purchasing one.
Here are Polaris Ranger EV specifications that you need to know:
|Engine Type||Single 48-Volt, High-Efficiency, AC-Induction Motor|
|Transmission||Direct Drive With Low-Noise Gears|
|Engine Braking System||Not Equipped|
|Front/Rear Brakes||4-Wheel Hydraulic Disc|
|Estimated Dry Weight||1,762 lb (799.2 kg)|
|Bed Box Dimensions||32 x 42 x 11.5 in (81 cm x 107 cm x 29 cm)|
|Box Capacity||500 lb|
|Ground Clearance||10 in (25.4 cm)|
|Hitch Towing Rating||1,500 lb (680 kg)|
|Wheelbase||72 in (182.9 cm)|
|Payload Capacity||1,000 lb (453.6 kg)|
Tires / Wheels
|Front Tires||25 x 9-12; Carlisle|
|Rear Tires||25 x 9-12; Carlisle|
|Tire Ply Rating||4 Ply Rated|
|Front Suspension||MacPherson Strut 9 in (22.9 cm) Travel|
|Rear Suspension||Dual A-Arm, IRS 9″ (22.9 cm) Travel|
|Turning Radius||14.9 ft|
Verdict From Experience
Drivers’ regular maintenance can fix Polaris Ranger EV problems. So, regular maintenance must be required to drive this UTV.
Most problems with Polaris Ranger EV are battery related because Polaris Ranger EV is an electrical UTV.
But, Polaris Ranger EV charging problem is the most common that you can avoid by inspecting the battery connections.
To fix Polaris Ranger EV electrical problems, you must connect with near Polaris dealers.
Considering all issues in Polaris Ranger EV, you will need to take your decision about buying this UTV.
Calvin Anderson, founder of Off-Road Lord, is a seasoned off-roading enthusiast from Tucson, Arizona. With over a decade of hands-on experience and a deep understanding of off-roading vehicles and trails, Calvin’s insights provide a trusted guide for fellow adventurers.